The Beaverton ULI TAP
Over two days in Febuary, Frank Fuller, partner at Urban Field Studio, joined a Technical Assistance Panel, also known as a TAP, organized by the Northwest district council of the Urban Land Institute in the City of Beaverton, Oregon. The TAP panel met with the Mayor of Beaverton Dennis Doyle, City Council Members and City Staff to discuss strategies for the future of the downtown.
Beaverton is the sixth-largest city in Oregon and seven miles west of downtown Portland in the Tualatin River Valley. The larger downtown core area of Beaverton is at a crossroads. It is divided by several major roads and a heavy rail line that divides into two districts: Creekside and Old Town. Beaverton is a small town that is developing a pedestrian-friendly center. It is changing and embracing the values of authenticity, walkability, and sustainability as the identity and character of the town. Strategic improvements are needed to support and reinforce the walkability of the town.
The ULI TAP team toured the area, interviewed stakeholders, and together, made a set of recommendations as part of a workshop meeting format. The panel included economists, architects, transportation planners, and urban planners both local and visiting.
- September 2019
- Jul 31, 2018 Working on Technical Assistance Panels (TAPs) Jul 31, 2018
- Dec 18, 2017 Morgan Hill Parking Garage receives 2017 Silicon Valley Structures Award Dec 18, 2017
- April 2017
- Dec 1, 2016 Protected Bike Lanes Dec 1, 2016
- Dec 1, 2016 New tools for civic engagement at a glance Dec 1, 2016
- Dec 1, 2016 The Unexpected and Underground Houston Dec 1, 2016
- Dec 1, 2016 Complete street design that works – a look at Strasbourg, France Dec 1, 2016
- Dec 1, 2016 The Beaverton ULI TAP Dec 1, 2016
- Dec 1, 2016 Opening of Public Parking Garage in Morgan Hill Dec 1, 2016
- Mar 1, 2015 Urban Field is certified as Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Mar 1, 2015
- Jan 1, 2015 New Year, New Partner Jan 1, 2015
- Nov 10, 2014 New Tools for Civic Engagement Nov 10, 2014
- Oct 15, 2014 SF Urban Film Festival Oct 15, 2014
- Sep 15, 2014 Urban Field is a Local Business Entity in San Francisco Sep 15, 2014
- Aug 1, 2014 Motorcycle Parking in San Francisco Aug 1, 2014